Everyone knows that flossing your teeth is an essential part of the daily oral wellness routine. But did you know that floss has a plethora of other uses, especially around the house this holiday season? Here are our favorites:
- Ornament String: Yep, use it to hang Mary-Lou’s homemade Santa right on the tree.
- Thread: The holidays mean craft projects, so think of dental floss as the perfect heavy weight thread for buttons and bows.
- Tree-trimming Garland String: Pop some popcorn and start decorating with style.
- Shoelace Replacement: Winter means wet boots and floss makes a great emergency shoelace.
- Beading String: If you’re into making homemade beaded necklaces, earrings or bracelets for gifts, try floss as your base.
- Cake Cutter: Floss does a beautiful job making clean, smooth slices of cake for your holiday parties. Just be sure to use a piece that exceeds the width of the cake you’re cutting.
- Clothesline: Holiday visitors often need a place to dry personal items and dental floss makes a simple temporary clothesline.
- Cookie Remover: Want an easy way to slide warm cookies off a tray? Try floss.
- Preservation of Old Photos: Removing old photos from degraded albums can be risky, but slide floss between the picture and the page it’s glued to, and Great-Grandma’s photo will stay intact.
- Plant Support: If the Poinsettia is getting droopy, tie the droopy stems together with floss.
Do you have other favorite uses for dental floss? Share! And remember to choose eco-friendly floss brands like Radius, Toms of Maine, and Eco-Dent and to have enough on hand so that the whole family stays in the happy habit of flossing every day.